The Basilica of Saint Anthony of Padua, well-known as "il Santo", is the most important church in Padua and a place of prayer for pilgrims from all over the world.
The construction of the Basilica of Saint Anthony of Padua began in 1232 on the site where since 1110 there was a church dedicated to Mary, and then integrated into the Basilica and renamed the Chapel of the Black Madonna. Inside there are the relics of Saint Anthony of Padua. In addition to the majestic façade, the Basilica of Saint Anthony of Padua encloses an artistic treasure.
The great Renaissance master Donatello expresses his art in bronze statues that adorn the altar.